In today's time when pollution is increasing day by day and lifestyle is not so healthy, it becomes prominent to have good skin care. Everyone knows this thing but they are not aware of the proper skin care regimen.
For good skincare, it is not just enough to have good quality products but their order of application is also crucial. Thinnest textured products need to be applied first and then thicker ones. The actual routine anyway depends on the individual's skin type, time of application, and ingredients of the products.
Follow the below-mentioned skincare routine for targeting the maximum skin issues-
Cleanse your face
Even if you don't do anything for skincare, this is the most basic thing you need to do. Washing the face twice a day helps in removing dirt and pollution that eventually avoids clogged pores, acne, and dullness. Just clean your hands and rinse your face with water. Take a small amount of cleanser and give a gentle massage to your face. Clean your hands and remove the cleanser. Pat dry your face.
Choosing the cleanser is also an important task as using such a cleaner that does not suit your skin may do more harm than good. The choice of cleanser depends on the skin type. The apt cleanser types are mentioned below in a nutshell.
- Oily or acne-prone skin- foaming liquid cleaners are preferred because it removes dirt and controls sebum production.
- Dry skin- creams or lotions containing emollients such as shea butter or glycerin work well.
- Combination skin- micellar water is the best option as it is soap-free and removes all the dirt without drying the skin.
- Sensitive skin- Oil-based cleansers that are non-comedogenic and lightweight are the best for this category.
Apply a good quality toner
Toner is optional but if you apply it, apply it just after cleansing your face. It helps in closing skin pores and tightening the skin cells. Take a few drops of toner in your palms and rub gently on your face. You can use normal toner twice a day but exfoliating ones only at night. Just do a check on a few ingredients that must be there in your toner-
- Hyaluronic acid- Locks in moisture and treats skin aging issues.
- Rose water and green tea extracts- Reduces inflammation, irritation, and redness.
- Alpha and beta hydroxy acids- Removes dead skin cells and hence, treats dullness and sun-damaged skin.
- Vitamins C and E- Act as anti-aging and fight free radicals that are your skin enemies.
Then comes serum
One should use a general serum in the morning for flawless skin regularly even if they don't have any skin issues. If the serum you use is water-based, apply it before moisturizer, else apply it afterward.
The best time for its application relies on its ingredients. If it contains vitamin C and is applied for skin brightening, morning is the best time to protect the skin from pollutants throughout the day. If it is a moisturizing one and contains hyaluronic acid, apply it during the night.
Look for the below-mentioned ingredients in your serum-
- Hyaluronic acid- Seals the moisture and strengthens the top layer of the skin.
- Retinol, peptides, and vitamin B3- Boosts the production of elastic and collagen: the most important proteins that prevent skin aging.
- Niacinamide- Improves acne and reduces inflammation and irritation.
- Vitamin C- Reduces pigmentation, dullness, and dark spots.
Time for some eye cream
The skin under your eyes is thinner than the rest of the face, hence, the face moisturizer won't work. Choose such a product that can make the skin handle irritation and more tolerance. It is best applied with a chilled (kept in the refrigerator) metallic roller-ball applicator to fight puffiness under the eyes.
The ingredients of the eye cream treat the respective issues. Hyaluronic acid, peptides, and caffeine are capable of treating inflammation and bags under the eyes whereas vitamin C and niacinamide are very effective in treating dark circles.
Moisturize your skin
Never skip a moisturizer, whatever skin you have, and whatever season it is! Moisturizers hydrate the skin and hydrating is always required. One can use a lightweight moisturizer in the morning and a thicker one at the night. The type of moisturizer depends on the skin type.
- Oily skin- Gel or any water-based moisturizer would work since these get absorbed quickly.
- Dry skin- Oil-based creams are simply the best for dry skin.
- Normal or combination skin- Such body lotions that are more than a gel but get absorbed quicker.
Add retinoid to your daily routine
Don't wait to enter your 30s to add these ingredients to your skincare. It's 'the earlier, the better' because retinoid avoids dark circles, fine lines, and skin breakouts. It is generally preferred to use it at night but if you do it in the morning, don't forget to apply sunscreen after it. It can make your skin sensitive so those who already have sensitive skin should avoid using it.
This is the last but most important part of your skincare regimen as exposure to harmful UV rays not just causes skin aging but also skin cancer. Pick broad-spectrum SPF (of 30 or more) sunscreen for protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Apply it 20 to 30 minutes before going out of your place. The constant usage of sunscreen helps avoid wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, etc.
Facewash Vitamin C
This facewash contains all the qualities of vitamin C, i.e., removing dullness, scars, uneven skin tone, and fine lines. It is capable of removing all dirt and pollutants while boosting the production of collagen and protecting against UV rays. Its efficiency enhances by combining hazel and mulberry extracts.
How to use?
- Wet your face and take a small amount of facewash.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Give a gentle massage for a couple of minutes and then rinse.
2. Youth Skin Renewal Face Serum
This serum of us contains Hyaluronic Acid and 2% Retinol. It is free from substances like mineral oil, sulphate, and paraben. Its regular usage boosts collagen, repairs sun damage, and lightens the dark spots. As per the name, it renews the skin and makes it more youthful.
How to use?
- Cleanse your face.
- Take 4-5 drops of serum and apply it all over your neck and face.
- For best results, apply it twice a day.
3. Sunscreen Enriched with Aloe Extract
Our product contains the features of both sunscreen and aloe vera both. While lowering the risk of skin cancer, protecting from harmful UV rays, and preventing sun tanning and sunburns, this sunscreen also soothes the skin and evens out the skin tone.
How to use?
- Cleanse your face and apply all the other skincare products.
- Take the required amount of sunscreen and apply it evenly to all the sun-exposed areas of your body.
- Apply it 15-20 minutes before going out.
- Reapply it after 3-4 hours for the best protection.